Soups play an important role in the cleansing process of our digestive system. They make great evening meals because they tend to be blended, warm and nourishing which supports easy digestion.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 4 organic carrots, chopped
- 6 parsnips, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 or 3 qt. organic vegetable stock
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, stems removed and cut in half
- 2 bunches organic kale and or collard greens, stems removed and chopped
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. Add medium onion and celery, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots and parsnips, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, white beans, and bay leaf, and stir for 1 minute. Add vegetable stock until it covers ingredients by 1 inch. Bring to boil. Add Brussels sprouts and kale along with more vegetable stock if necessary, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat, add rosemary, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove rosemary and bay leaf, and serve.